Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hazy, hot and humid.

    Hazy, hot and humid. Back home, these were the three words you'd never wanted to hear the weatherman say all at once when describing the day you're about to walk into. When asked how I'm liking it down here, my first impression is that...well, IT'S SOOOOO HOT. Surprise surprise. Although I've lost certain luxuries of living in the Midwest, there's other things in life that I've gained in these past two months.


I've gained new friends....                                                      ....More cooking skills...               


New things to make a home....



.....And a new car!


Amongst the things I've gained, I've also built some fun memories over the past month.

Ryan and I have explored Old Covington as well as the quintessential events that take place within it's 200 year old city limits. I love farmer's markets, and at our first attempt to experience the Covington Farmer's Market needless to say.. we splurged! 


Fresh peaches, local honey, and a stuffed artichoke was the evidence of our trip. And we had a wonderful surprise of bumping into friends Sarah and Jason from Souls Harbor within minutes of arriving.

On the weekends and in our downtime we have made it more of a habit to intentionally turn off the TV and spend some quality time with each other. Cards and Farkle are our favorite!

And when playing farkle by ourselves gets boring....












... we improvise and play with family via Skype!















                                                                               I literally laughed outloud when I was in the grocery store and saw the 'cheese' selection. 
















Ryan and I have been more motivated to learn Japanese lately. Baby steps is all I can say. Daunting but not impossible. And for the days we are, well, 'less motivated', we find more creative ways to make it fun and intriguing.







ANNNNNNDDDD.. Drum roll please!!!... I got my ears pierced! Finally! It was a little ill-timed because the very next day Ryan and I went with his friends from college on a canoe trip on the Okatoma River. But! We didn't tip over and no infection.. so we're good!

While four wheeling by Ryan's brothers house, we had a couple close encounters with water moccasins..but aside from that, SO FUN!


In other news... I'll close with the fact that God has provided all that we have needed thus far. He has shown Himself more to us as husband and wife and how we are to honor and respect and mold our lives together.

I am starting a nanny job this Monday with a wonderful family that I think I'll fit really well with. Ryan is staying diligent in job searching. We want to be good stewards of our time no matter how God gives it to us. And it's extremely exciting to see how God is moving in this region and how He is stirring up an awakening and revival!

'Til next time... love you! And to all WI readers... you are missed greatly!!!!

~Audrey & Ryan

P.S. We're officially coming to visit December 23rd-December 30th! :D

1 comment: